Beer and Food Pairings
The only thing better than a hearty pint of craft beer is a hearty pint of craft beer accompanied by a heaping plate of food.
At Philly Brew Tours, we believe in the experience of eating and drinking, which is why every tour includes a perfectly paired meal to complement the flavors of up to 15 different beers.
Our tasting includes an in-depth analysis and history of each beer, and a hand-tailored lunch or dinner at Philadelphia’s premier beer-centric restaurants: Brauhaus Schmitz, Dockstreet Brewery, Saint Benjamin Brewing Co., and Fishtown Brewpub. Our partner meal stops are the perfect spots to toss back a dozen or so craft beers and devour some of the best grub in town.
Check out our sample menu below, and book your tour today! Excellent beer and exceptional eats GUARANTEED.
Sample Menu at Brauhaus Schmitz
Choose (comes with German potato salad):
- Wurst Sandwich – Sausage on a German hard roll
- Strammer Max – Open faced ham & Emmenthaler cheese sandwich on rye bread and topped with a fried egg
- Oma’s Kaesespaetzle – Grandma’s Cheese Spaetzle baked with Emmenthaler, raclette and Limburger cheese topped with caramelized onion, chives
- Krabbenbrezel – Baked Bavarian pretzel w/ crab meat and cheese filling
Sample Menu at Dock Street Brewery
The assortment of stone-ground flour wood-fired pizzas.
- Margherita – Plum tomato, fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, fresh herb
- Flammenkuche – Crème fraiche, caramelized onion, apple-wood smoked bacon, gruyere, fresh herbs
- Americana – Traditional tomato sauce and mozzarella
- Buffalo Chicken – Marinated buffalo chicken, crème fraiche, mozzarella, gorgonzola, jalapeño and celery relish, scallions.
Sample Menu at Fishtown Brewpub
Choose (1) w/ hand cut fries or a side salad
- Pretzel Chicken Schnitzel Sandwich – Pretzel crusted chicken thigh with pale ale honey mustard, aged white cheddar, house slaw on a long roll
- Pub Burger – PA Hereford beef, smoked tomato aioli, aged provolone, house pickles, on an everything Philly muffin
- Roasted Beet Burger (Vegan) – Red quinoa, roasted beets, chia seeds, house pickles, sunflower feta, served on an everything Philly muffin
- Beef Brined Pork Shoulder Sandwich – Sharp provolone, broccoli rabe, pickled long hots, on a seeded long roll
- Brewpub Wings – Ginger Sriracha, Tequila BBQ or “Sauce of the Week” served with avocado ranch and celery
- Quinoa & Kale Salad (Vegan & Gluten-Free) – Red quinoa, lacinato kale, green goddess dressing, local carrots, English cucumbers, crispy chickpeas -may add chicken (grilled or pretzel schnitzel)-
Sample Menu at Roy Pitz Barrel House
Choose (1) served w/ hand cut fries
- Barrel House Burger – 8oz short rib & brisket blend burger, gruyere, roasted beer onions, Zayda’s sweet hot pickles, bacon, rosemary porter aioli
- Roast Pork Cubano – Smoked ham, Swiss cheese, Zayda’s sweet hot pickles, whole grain mustard vinaigrette
- Beer Battered Cod Sandwich -Lettuce, tomato, onion, giardiniera aioli
- Chicken Schnitzel Sandwich -Lemon dressed arugula, tomato, red onion, mulled apple honey butter spread
- Chickpea Salad Sandwich (Vegan) – Sweet potato, sage, pepitas, arugula, cranberry-walnut relish