Beer and Food Pairings
The only thing better than a hearty pint of craft beer is a hearty pint of craft beer accompanied by a heaping plate of food.
At Philly Brew Tours, we believe in the experience of eating and drinking, which is why every tour includes a perfectly paired meal to complement the flavors of up to 16 different beers.
Our tasting includes an in-depth analysis and history of each beer, and a hand-tailored lunch or dinner at Philadelphia’s premier beer-centric restaurants. Our partner meal stops are the perfect spots to toss back a dozen or so craft beers and devour some of the best grub in town.
Check out our sample menu below, and book your tour today! Excellent beer and exceptional eats GUARANTEED.
Sample Menu at Brauhaus Schmitz
Choose (comes with German potato salad):
- Wurst Sandwich – Sausage on a German hard roll
- Strammer Max – Open faced ham & Emmenthaler cheese sandwich on rye bread and topped with a fried egg
- Oma’s Kaesespaetzle – Grandma’s Cheese Spaetzle baked with Emmenthaler, raclette and Limburger cheese topped with caramelized onion, chives
- Krabbenbrezel – Baked Bavarian pretzel w/ crab meat and cheese filling
Sample Menu at Dock Street South Brewery
The assortment of stone-ground flour wood-fired pizzas.
- Margherita – Plum tomato, fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, fresh herb
- Flammenkuche – Crème fraiche, caramelized onion, apple-wood smoked bacon, gruyere, fresh herbs
- Americana – Traditional tomato sauce and mozzarella
- Buffalo Chicken – Marinated buffalo chicken, crème fraiche, mozzarella, gorgonzola, jalapeño and celery relish, scallions.
Sample Menu at Roy Pitz Barrel House
Choose (1) served w/ hand cut fries
- Barrel House Burger – 8oz short rib & brisket blend burger, gruyere, roasted beer onions, Zayda’s sweet hot pickles, bacon, rosemary porter aioli
- Roast Pork Cubano – Smoked ham, Swiss cheese, Zayda’s sweet hot pickles, whole grain mustard vinaigrette
- Beer Battered Cod Sandwich -Lettuce, tomato, onion, giardiniera aioli
- Chicken Schnitzel Sandwich -Lemon dressed arugula, tomato, red onion, mulled apple honey butter spread
- Chickpea Salad Sandwich (Vegan) – Sweet potato, sage, pepitas, arugula, cranberry-walnut relish